G.R.E.A.T. Officer In-Service Training (GOI) is an advanced training for G.R.E.A.T. instructors who have taught G.R.E.A.T. for at least one year. The goal of the training is to provide an interactive and self-directed forum where instructors will learn:
- How to more effectively implement, facilitate, and sustain the G.R.E.A.T. Program.
- New ways to ethically respond to common situations involving school staff, parents, and students using effective communication, interaction, and coping skills.
In addition to networking opportunities with fellow regional G.R.E.A.T. instructors, the training covers the following topics:
- Addressing participants’ issues that have arisen while instructing G.R.E.A.T.
- Funding, publicizing, and implementing G.R.E.A.T.
- Effective strategies for classroom management
- Dealing with gang issues in the school community
- How to empathize and intervene with students who have special needs
- How to stop bullying and delinquent behaviors
- Student safety as related to today’s technology
- Updates to the G.R.E.A.T. Program
Tuition for this course is $250 per participant (plus a credit card surcharge if payment is made by credit card). Participants are responsible for their lodging, travel, meals, and miscellaneous expenses.
Due to reduced funding, GOI opportunities are currently very limited in the United States and are only scheduled on demand. Contact the G.R.E.A.T. Program Office at email@example.com for more information and to express your interest in this training.