United States News
How to Access G.R.E.A.T. Digital Student Handbook Files
Recently, a message was sent out from the G.R.E.A.T. Program Office (GPO) explaining that the G.R.E.A.T. Student Handbooks were in the process of being turned into digital files. We are happy to report that these are now available for you to access and provide to your students. As acquiring these handbook files deviates from our current tracking procedures and involves more people having access to the copyrighted material than just G.R.E.A.T. instructors, we have developed a new mandatory procedure. This new procedure would require the law enforcement agency executive submitting the form and the school or district administrator at the school(s)/district where the files will be in use to agree to adhere to the copyright restrictions of the digital handbooks. The procedures below outline the steps that must be taken in order to gain access to the G.R.E.A.T. Student Handbook digital files.
- Log in to your Instructor Resources Account on the G.R.E.A.T. website at www.great-online.org.
- Under the “Classroom Materials” heading, download the G.R.E.A.T. Digital Student Handbook Request/Acknowledgement Form.
- Have the agency executive submitting the form complete the form with his or her signature and the signature of the school/district administrator at the school/district where the files will be in use. If you intend to teach at multiple schools, a form or forms must be submitted to cover all included schools. A form signed by the district superintendent or other appropriate district administrator will suffice for all included schools in the district.
- Scan and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once the GPO has received and processed this form, all active G.R.E.A.T. instructors in your agency will receive an email indicating that the files are available in his or her Instructor Resources Account under the "Classroom Materials" heading.
- This form will expire annually on July 31. To continue having access to the files, you must complete and submit a new form.
Central America News
G.R.E.A.T. Virtual Training Series
A new virtual training series is available for all Central American G.R.E.A.T. instructors. Various presenters will facilitate one- to two-hour trainings about several different topics, such as engaging parents and guardians with the G.R.E.A.T. Program, positivity in the classroom, discipline in the classroom, and more. Click here to view the flyer to see the upcoming topics and dates and be on the lookout for emails and social media posts as the dates approach. You won’t want to miss any of them!